For those not familiar with what a landing page is, they are an optimised page on your website focused on getting a visitor to fulfill and action, such as to order an eBook, download a file or subscribe to a newsletter.
To create an effective landing page, it should have a clearly defined purpose. When planning the content, you need to focus on what the end goal is, such as:
- Do you want someone to register/subscribe to a newsletter?
- Do you want someone to fill out a form, email or call you?
- Do you want people to attend an event?
- Do you want people to follow your company on twitter, facebook and other social media accounts?
- Do you want people to print, email, like, share your content and raise company awareness?
Once you know your goal, you need to work backwards and think:
- How will I achieve this with the content I’m preparing?
- What information do I need to provide?
- What can I do/say to engage the reader/customer?
- How can I make the path towards the end goal as simple and direct as possible?
It’s fairly simple to make an obvious “call to action”, but you need to give your readers a reason to take action. If it’s not clear what you do, why you’re doing it, what you’re saying and why the user should take action, they won’t… and your campaign will fail.
The part where we come in is adding visual interest/impact to your page and optimising the user experience. This can be done through infographics, embedded videos, user forms and social media integration. But again, without a clearly defined goal and good content, this will not achieve strong conversion rates either.
Three important aspects of a good landing page include:
- Clear Message – Remove any distracting features and keep on topic
- Make it Easy – Allow visitors to clearly understand the required action and make it easy to achieve. Use helpful clues and validation on forms.
- Trust factors – Include customer reviews, client lists, accreditations, security symbols and guarantees
If you would like an effective landing page for your website, get in touch with us today.